Our mission is to provide fair and equitable customer service to everyone with the goal of improving the lives of children.
We have staff available to make presentations at schools and community groups on topics related to child support issues. Participation in local events, fairs, and exhibitions gives us the opportunity to expand awareness of our services.
Check My Account provides the latest account information via Customer Connect. View upcoming appointments, amounts owed and payments made.
Make a Payment connects you to the State Disbursement Unit where you can make an electronic payment, establish direct deposit or sign up to receive an Electronic Payment Card.
Search Local Child Support Agency provides you with a phone number, address, website and directions to your local county child support agency.
Resources and FAQs provide more information about the services available at the California Department of Child Support Services.
$25 Annual Service Fee
In the Federal Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, Public Law 109-171, all states were instructed to impose a $25 Annual Service Fee to non-welfare families (never-assisted cases) who are disbursed $500 or more during the federal fiscal year. The mandate went into effect January 1, 2008. As of October 1, 2010, the State will no longer pay the fee on behalf of families.
Beginning October 1, 2011, and every October 1 thereafter, DCSS will assess the $25 Annual Service Fee to all never-assisted cases that meet the criteria for assessment. The service fee will be withheld from the never-assisted custodial party’s next child support payment(s) until the $25 is fully recovered. Although the first disbursement(s) paid to the custodial party on or after October 1 will be reduced by $25, the NCP will get full credit for the amount of the collection received. For more information about the $25 annual fee, click here
You can also view the $25 Annual Service Fee Frequently Asked Questions.
- Apply for Child Support Services
- Calculate Child Support (Guideline Calculator)
- Child Support Process (Services Provided)
- Compromise of Arrears Program
- Customer Connect
- Establish Paternity
- OCSE Child Support Handbook Child Support Handbook
- Online Application for Child Support Services
- Paternity Opportunity Program (POP)
- Payment Information
- State Disbursement Unit (Payment Information)
- Complaint Resolution/ State Hearings
- Custody & Visitation
- Employer Information
- Family Law Facilitator
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Glossary of Terms
- Child Support Director’s Association
- DCSS Mission Statement
- Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement
- Job Opportunities
- Veterans Job Bank
- Local Superior Court
- Local Community Resources
- Military Information
- Military One Source
- Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
- Kings County Veterans Services
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- J.A.G. Legal Services
- Notice to All Custodial Parties and Non-Custodial Parents Deploying Out-Of-State
- State Office of Child Support Services
- Upcoming Events