· Be an active registered voter in Kings County,
· Indicate your interest in poll working at time of
registration or contact the Elections
· Attend mandatory training class.
· Must be able to read and write English.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to fluently speak, read, and write Spanish is
· Basic computer skills are helpful.
· Attention to detail.
· Must be willing to work 14-15 hours on Election Day.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact and
cooperate with co-workers and to deal effectively with
voters, poll watchers, electioneers, and the
· Ability to read, comprehend, and follow Laws and
instructions given by the Kings County Elections Office.
· Occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up
to 50 lbs., such as election equipment, ballots, supply
· Ability to recognize election issues and to promptly
report any issues to the Election Office as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
· Set up election equipment inside a designated polling
· Prepare election equipment as instructed in training
· Maintain election equipment security throughout the
· Thoroughly review and complete all election forms.
· Post prescribed election materials inside and outside
of polling location.
· Qualify voters through use of poll lists.
· Assist voters during the voting process by explaining
· Close the polling location at the end of the voting
· Return all designated election supplies to the
designated location Station on Election Day.