To check the status of a Vote By Mail ballot
PERMANENT VOTE BY MAIL INSTRUCTIONS
To become a permanent vote by mail voter:
- Complete the on-line Permanent Vote By Mail Application.
- Print the completed application form
- Sign & date the form where indicated and mail to:
KINGS COUNTY ELECTION DEPARTMENT
1400 WEST LACEY BLVD.
HANFORD, CA 93230
In order to assure that your ballot arrives in time, our office must receive your completed application at least (7) seven days prior to the election for which you would like to receive a ballot by mail.
Once you have been added to the permanent vote by mail voter rolls, the election office will mail you a ballot for all future elections in which you are eligible to vote.
You can also request to vote as a conditional voter. This means a person who, on Election Day or within the fourteen (14) days immediately preceding Election Day, does both of the following:
- Delivers an executed affidavit of registration to the county elections official in order to register to vote in California for the first time, or re-register to vote in the same or a different county in California. The executed affidavit of registration can be submitted either in person at the office of the county elections official, or online through the Internet Web site of the Secretary of State.
- Requests a Conditional Voter registration provisional ballot at the office of the county elections official.
You may also request an application by phone by calling (559) 852-4402 or drop by our office at the Kings County Government Center any weekday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer in order to complete the Permanent Vote By Mail Application on-line. If you do not have the reader it may be downloaded and installed for free. Click on the "Get Acrobat Reader" button below and follow the on-line instructions.