What is IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES (IHSS)
The IHSS Program helps pay for services provided to low-income elderly, blind or disabled individuals, including children, so that they can remain safely in their own home. IHSS is considered an alternative to out-of-home care, such as nursing homes or board and care facilities.
Who may be eligible for IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES (IHSS)?
To qualify for IHSS you must:
- Be 65 years old or older, blind, and/or a disabled as defined by Social Security Administration standards.
- Be a citizen of the United States or a qualified alien.
- Be a resident of Kings County.
- Live in your own home. Your own home is any place you choose to live (hospitals, nursing homes, and licensed community care facilities are not considered "own home").
- Receive or be eligible to receive Supplemental Security Income/State Supplemental Payments (SSI/SSP), OR
- Meet all SSI/SSP eligibility criteria except for income or citizenship/immigration status
EVV Flyer (Spanish)