IHSS - Public Authority
Phone: (559) 852-4615
Fax: (559) 583-8217
The Public Authority is a public agency created by state law to work in conjunction with Kings County In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Program. The purpose of the Public Authority is to help IHSS Consumers find providers so that they can remain safely in their homes.
What We Do
- Recruit and screen Independent Providers for the Registry.
- Operate a Registry of available Independent Providers for IHSS consumers.
- Provide a list of screened Providers for Consumers to interview.
- Help IHSS Consumers conduct interviews to choose a Provider.
- Offer information and training for IHSS Consumers on how to hire and supervise Providers.
- Provide training and peer support systems for Providers and Consumers.
- Serve as employer of record of all Independent IHSS Providers for collective bargaining purposes.
- Provide employment verification to all IHSS providers
- Processes Provider enrollment packets for IHSS recipients when a provider is hired
- Contact for filing a Workman’s compensation claim
EVV Flyer (Spanish)