The Primary function of the unit is to preserve program integrity through the detection and prevention of Welfare Fraud. Welfare Fraud Investigative Assistants detect and prevent fraud before any monies are paid out to the applicants through the Early Fraud Detection Program*. Welfare Fraud Investigators investigate criminal allegations of fraud in Cal Works, Cal Fresh (formerly known as Food Stamps) and County Medical Services Program (CMSP). Criminal prosecution of Welfare Fraud is a joint effort between the Human Service Agency and the District Attorney's Office.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE ON WELFARE WHO:
- *Is working and not reporting it?
- *Has unreported person(s) in the home?
- *Has unreported bank accounts or other assets?
- *Is receiving welfare for a person who is not in the home?
- *Is receiving welfare from more than one county or state at the same time?
These are some possible indicators of Fraud.
If You Suspect Fraud, Please Report it to one of the Following:
- Kings County Welfare Fraud Hotline 1(559) 852-2121
- Welfare Fraud Supervising Investigator 1(559) 852-4479
- California Department of Social Services 1(800) 344-8477
- Email: FraudHotline@dss.ca.gov
Medical Fraud 1(800) 772-0432
- Email : email@example.com
ALL CALLS ARE CONFIDENTIAL.
*The Special Investigations Unit receives an average of 600 referrals per month.