In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Public Authority
Our Location: 10953 14th Ave Armona, CA 93202
Electronic Timesheets for IHSS Providers
Beginning October 10, 2017, In-Home Supportive Services Providers have the option to use Electronic Timesheets. Find out how to enroll in the Electronic Timesheet service.
2016 Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) New
The Public Authority is a public agency created by state law to work in conjunction with Kings County In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Program. The purpose of the Public Authority is to help IHSS Consumers find providers so that they can remain safely in their homes.
IHSS Public Authority Providers offer personal assistance and domestic services to the elderly, blind, and people with disabilities contributing to the respect, dignity and independence that allow Consumers to remain safely in their homes.
Duties may include personal assistance with dressing and bathing, as well as household tasks. Potential Providers must attend an orientation, have a valid photo ID, Social Security Card and undergo a criminal background check including fingerprints.
Employment hours are flexible and are determined by the individual Consumer who has been authorized to receive In-Home Supportive Services. Wages have recently increased to $10.50 per hour. Contact the Public Authority to become a care provider.
What We Do
- Recruit and screen Independent Providers for the Registry.
- Operate a Registry of available Independent Providers for IHSS consumers.
- Provide a list of screened Providers for Consumers to interview.
- Help IHSS Consumers conduct interviews to choose a Provider.
- Offer information and training for IHSS Consumers on how to hire and supervise Providers.
- Provide training and peer support systems for Providers and Consumers.
- Act as employer of record of all Independent IHSS Providers for collective bargaining purposes.
- Establish and maintain a Registry of Providers and match Consumer’s needs with Provider’s skills.
- Perform reference and background checks.
- Conduct follow-ups and satisfaction surveys.
- Provide training to Providers and Consumers
How to contact Kings IHSS Public Authority:
Mail: P.O. Box 758
Armona, CA 93202