Project Proposal Meeting
The 2019 State Homeland Security Grant Program (SHSGP) Advanced Application period has now opened. The Project proposal period will close on December 14, 2018 for Kings County projects, and late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. All agencies submitting proposals will be given the opportunity to make a brief(less than ten minute) presentation to the Approval Authority the following week. Project Proposal Meeting Date TBA.
Media presentations, such as PowerPoint or Prezi may be sent to Kings County OEM to be included in the Approval Authority Project Proposal Packets.See submission instructions below for grant contact information.
California Operational Areas have been instructed to anticipate a budget for a 2019 SHSGP allocation similar to FY 2018 SHSGP; which for Kings County was $225,455; of which, 25% ($56,364) must be allocated to law enforcement projects, and at least 5% (11,273) will be allocated towards Management & Administration. Approximately $157,818 can be allocated towards other projects by other eligible agencies, including law enforcement agencies as well.
Subject to Modification
Selected projects to be included in the application by the Approval Authority will remain subject to modification to meet the final allocation for Kings County.
State Supplemental Guidance
The State's Supplemental Guidance has not yet been released. Changes are not expected to the FY2019 SHSGP Supplemental Guidance. In the interim time until the guidance is released, please refer to the FY 2017 SHSGP Guidance for the project proposal period. The 2019 SHSGP Guidance will be linked to this site once it is released.
The expected performance period will run for 30 months (tentatively expected November 2019-April 2022). All proposed activities must be completed during the performance period, and will not begin until final approval is received.
Complete project proposals will include:
1. Completed Project Proposal Workbook (electronic file)
- Cover Sheet
- Completed Solution Area tab(s) for project type (i.e. Equipment, Training, Contractor)
- Completed Project Overview tab
2. Signed Cover Sheet (electronic or hardcopy received by December 14, 2018).
3. Supporting documents from vendors (i.e. quotes, proposals, training course descriptions, etc.)
4. System for Award Management (sam.gov) report for each vendor. See link below.
5. Adopted Procurement Policy from the Agency submitting the proposal.
6. Please email the completed workbook (workbook file), and send/transmit the remaining documents listed on the cover sheet- or any questions or concerns - to:
Amanda Verhaege, Emergency Services Coordinator
280 Campus Drive
Hanford, CA 93230
- FEMA Form (FF) 087-0-0-1; required by Specific Controlled Equipment categories (relevant to lawn enforcement agencies), per Information Bulletin 407 (i.e. armored vehicles, aircraft, SWAT equipment).
- Sole Source Authorization; required for proposed purchase over simplified acquisition threshold that fail competitive bidding standards or where a sole vendor is requested due to specific criteria.
- Environmental & Historic Preservation (EHP) Screening Form; required by specific items on the Authorized Equipment List (AEL), or field based training(s) or exercise(s) hosted by agencies utilizing SHSGP funding. Please note that EHP approvals may take up to 9 months approval from FEMA and Cal-OES, so this component needs to be built into project timelines and must be completed within the first year or award.
- Project Proposal Workbook
- Project Examples Sheet
- Information Bulletin 407
- FEMA Form (FF) 087-0-0-1
- Sole Source Authorization Form
- Environmental and Historic Preservation (EHP) Screening Form
- Authorized Equipment List
- NIMS Resource Type
- FEMA Core Capabilities
- GSA Per Diem Rates
- Cal-OES State Homeland Security Grants Management