Preparedness is a fundamental stage of emergency management. Preparing for a disaster is essential to limiting the effects of the disaster on our families, businesses, and communities. There are three essential steps to preparedness:
Disasters effect thousands of people every year. Taking steps to prepare for the unexpected is important to ensuring the health and safety of your family. There are several federal and state websites that can assist in providing additional information related to emergency preparedness.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- California Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES)
- Emergency Supply List
- Emergency Supply List for Kids
- Family Communications Plan
- Family Communications Plan for Kids